The Diamond PGS ZoneBuffer is the first line data communication hub of the system. It communicates via three communication ports:
• Downstream RS232 port
• Downstream RS485 port
• Upstream RS485 port
The ZoneBuffer main functions are:
• Collect data from the sensor array.
• Calculate the availability figures of each section, allocation and the total.
• Send data to downstream numeric displays.
• Compress the information and relay it upstream on request.
• Reduce commissioning effort to next to nil using its auto map feature.